Saturday, August 6, 2011

Christmas in July!

Early last month, I found out about an opportunity to participate in a Christmas in July book exchange! Today, I received my package from Caitlin at Learning Ahoy. :)

In my package, I got two books!! I received The Naughty Fairy's Naughty Surprise and Snail's Birthday Wish!

I haven't heard of either of these books, and I love learning about new books to read aloud and add to my classroom library! Both of the books are SUPER cute, I can definitely see myself using them for Reader's Workshop mini-lessons, and I think my students will really love reading them over and over. :) Thanks, Caitlin! :)

I sent One Hundred Hungry Ants to Caitlin.
This is also a cute book about ants trying to get to a picnic. On their way, they rearrange themselves to try to find the fastest way to get there! I can definitely see its use for arrays, as the ants describe their 4 rows of 25, or their 10 rows of 10, but for students who aren't ready for arrays, multiplication, or division, I made an activity for Caitlin that asked the students to write a letter to the one hundred hungry ants telling them why they shouldn't come to our picnic! I can't wait to use the activity with my own class and read what the students come up with.

This was a super fun Christmas in July book exchange! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this book! I've used it for arrays, and will copy your idea about writing the letters.


    Pitner's Potpourri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...