Saturday, December 17, 2011

December Currently!

I'm so happy the December Currently is here!!


This past week was our Gingerbread Week. We read 5 different gingerbread stories, compared and contrasted them, and did a few fun activities. Here is our CLAPS (Characters, Location, Action, Problem, Solution) chart which helped us compare each of the stories throughout the week.
As you can see, we read The Gingerbread Man, The Gingerbread Girl, Gingerbread Baby, The Musubi Man, and the Cajun Cornbread Boy.

They ALL loved Gingerbread Baby the best!

We made the gingerbread glyphs that I got from Denise at Sunny Days in Second Grade!


We also did a ginger taste test graphing activity which I got from Tales of a Teacherista! I didn't get any pictures of the actual tasting, but the kids loved it. We tried ginger ale, gingerbread flavored marshmallows, and ginger snaps. They could not get enough ginger ale!!!! And they detested the ginger snaps. We had fun. :)

Unrelated to gingerbread, we made new window decorations. I think 3 months was long enough to leave up our apples, right? We made Christmas-themed tissue paper/contact paper things this time.


Okay, go link up with Farley!

9 comments:

  1. ha!! I just took down our apple sun catchers too! lol...I replaced them with these COOL snowflakes my kids did..check them out at this post...
    http://theteacherscauldron.blogspot.com/2011/12/its-beginning-to-look-lot-like.html
    But I like your new sun catchers!

    ♥ Jen Ross
    The Teachers' Cauldron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of the Cajun Cornbread Boy?!?! I'll have to get that one fore next year. Thanks for sharing!
    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlie, you should have a Room Parent plan your parties!!!!

    Love your window decorations! :)

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Holly, you are so lucky you have Room Parents...I wouldn't know what to do if I had one of those! ha! In my 9 years of teaching, I think I've had like 2 actual room moms that did stuff for our class...and one of them still comes to me, even though I haven't had her girls in a few years now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two room parents - for our Halloween party, one got in touch with me and coordinated all the food, drinks, plates, and cups and also planned one of the stations as a cute craft. The other just showed up with punch. Then I had a ton of parents come (which I wasn't expecting) and I had like 4 sets of cupcakes and people wandering around everywhere, ahh!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heart Eggos!!!!! What a great graphic organizer! I love it! Thanks for sharing! I pinned it :)

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  7. holiday magic at the ZOO??? I want to do that!!! BUT we have had the yuckiest days around here so I will have to settle for sitting on the couch and blogging :) thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tissue paper art. We make a Lips the Fish with tissue paper. I'll have to try some Christmas ones next year. I am your newest follower! I would love for you to come follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm your newest follower! Yeah :) I l.o.v.e. your CLAPS chart- makes me wish I was still in school to use it NOW- oh wait, no I don't wish that... I'll be happy to wait until January :) :) :)

    -Staci
    www.letsteachsomething.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...