Thursday, January 12, 2012

January Math Quilt!

First, thanks for all your thoughts on the threaded commenting post! It appears that lots of people are having issues with it. Now..... I didn't make it and I don't know anything about it so I am not super helpful. BUT! I looked into it and found out that people with custom templates will have a more difficult time getting threaded commenting up and running and that they are going to put out a guide soon to help out!! I guess it's good that I haven't sprung for a blog layout yet. :)

In other news, on Monday we did our January math quilt. Here we are, hard at work!!



And here is our almost-finished project! We hadn't glued onto the paper backing when I took this picture. I actually rearranged them to make a 4 by 6 rectangle before I hung it in the hallway. Now that I look at this again, I sort of like the 6 by 4. Oh wells, next month. :)
They can't WAIT to see the design for February. One girl said, "Maybe the picture will be a heart next time!!!!!!!!!!" Smartie pants, haha!!

Thanks again, Reagan. :)

Also!!! Thanks to Kelley and Lisa for prepping my quilt!! Love my cousins.

6 comments:

  1. What nice mittens you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loce her quilts! we did the december one, and mg sub should be doing the january one tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt! yippee! It actually looks kind of argyle in the picture... :)
    Thanks for the shout out! Your mittens are cuter than our die cut mittens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Constructivist approaches to teaching geometry involve discovery, as opposed to direct instruction so the quilt cutouts above, where the rhombus is inside the square and a square is inside this rhombus can show the students so many new concepts. This is why I am so thrilled with that design displayed here. This is also involving triangles, vertical angles, transverals, corresponding angles, alternate interior angles, special right triangles, and a whole host of concepts which normally span several lessons. I think students who work on this project are going to hold these concepts in the mind so that geometry and trigonometry will be more realistic to them once they get to that grade level. Whoever did this quilt design is a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow jill,
    you weren't kidding! I love this comment! :)
    Thanks for loving the quilts as much as I do. My class is SO upset that we haven't made our February quilt yet!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...