Thursday, March 29, 2012

Student Recognition

Happy Thursday, mis amigas! (I'm just assuming most people reading this are ladies...)

So I went in today to school because I didn't bring all of my manuals home and I wanted to plan a little. There were also some housekeeping types of things that I wanted to do also. So I texted my cousin, Lisa, and we headed to school for a little bit!

While I planned, Lisa did lots of stuff for me, like put away some books, set up the April calendar days in the pocket chart, got my April math quilt pieces ready, and punched out some letters for my XtraMath student recognition board!
I have been meaning to make this board for like.... 2 months. I make a BIG DEAL when one of the kids masters an entire operation on the day that it happens but it sort of gets forgotten after they get their certificate. I want them to be proud of themselves! So here we are. I have four little ladies who have finished addition so far. Maybe the excitement of seeing their names on stars will inspire the other kiddos to do the same... I will let you know.

Has anyone found any new hobbies during spring break? I have discovered the amazingness of Draw Something!!!!!!! I am so, so bad at drawing but this game is so fun.

I've also been reading. Right now I am working on two books - Elijah of Buxton and Earth.

Both good in very different ways. :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...my husband and I JUST discovered Draw Something. We were cracking up yesterday at each other's pictures! haaa haa So funny!!

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is Draw Something? I'm hearing lots about it!
    No new hobbies - but my small group is going to work at a mission for the homeless tomorrow!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are you being so productive? I feel like a bum! Also, what I want to know what Draw Something is too!
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! My room is a bit shamble-y and I had nothing planned for next week! I have spent way more time sitting in my house doing legit nothing but I don't write about those times... haha!

      Draw Something is like Pictionary on your phone! You can play with people. The game gives you 3 words to choose from, you pick one, and then you draw it. Then your partner has to guess your picture! It is super super fun and a great spring break activity. :)

      Delete
  4. What an awesome idea! I need to do this :)
    ☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Draw Something....definitely a new addiction!

    Natalie
    TeacheryTidbits

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Xtra Math board idea! I found you through Farley's link up and I'm your newest follower :)

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...