Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Day in a List

I have lots of stuff to say today so I'm just going to make a list!
  • Let's start by saying that today my class was very well-behaved in comparison to a normal day. This always happens to me... the week gets progressively better as it goes on and right when they are on track, it is time for the weekend again! Ay yi yi.
  • When I walked into my room this morning, I found these sitting on my desk:

My two favorite things!!!!!!!! They definitely brightened my day. Thank you, BTF (code for Best Teaching Friend), for starting my day off well. :)
  • Today I started a new class for my ESL endorsement! It is called Developing Cultural Awareness through Multicultural Children's Literature. I legit planned my entire program schedule around this class because, as you may know, I loooooooooooooooooooooooooove children's lit. And let me just say that I LOVE my new teacher! She is super sarcastic and funny, and I think it will be a fun class! That is good news since our class runs for 4 hours on Thursday nights and sometimes I can get a little sleepy... haha!
  • My first graders took the test on their measurement unit and they all did pretty well! That makes me happy.
  • I'm having my first observation of the year on Tuesday morning. I didn't really think it through when I scheduled it as it will be the first day after a long Easter weekend... I hope the kids will have come down from their sugar highs by that time. I'm introducing contractions for the first graders while my principal will be there and I'm thinking of doing the contraction surgery that everyone has been doing. If you did it, where did you get your masks and gloves and stuff? And would you recommend it for my observation lesson? I'm probably going to do it either way. :)
  • Jess at Rambling About Reading tagged me! I'm not going to tag anyone but here are my answers to her questions!!
If you could live in any other country what would it be? 
I have never even left this country... so I have no idea! But somewhere warmer. :)

If you could have any animal what would it be? 
I always wanted a min pin puppy... so cute! But I love my pupster, Max!

What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend? 
I am boring... I like to read blogs, haha! Although tomorrow, since we have the day off, I am getting together for lunch with two of my college friends! I am super pumped.

What's your favorite day of the week and why?
For some reason, I've always liked Thursdays and I sort of still do! The weekend is in sight, and in my class, that means my class has returned from Crazy Town and is ready to learn!! Haha!

What is your favorite activity you've done with your students this year? 
This is a great question! I went back a few months and found my Chinese New Year post. We learned a lot, explored with chopsticks, read some great books, and listened to a story on Starfall! My kids say that they're still eating with their chopsticks at home. I'm not sure how sanitary that is, but it makes me feel good that they loved it so much!

How many days do you have until summer? 
I have no idea! Is that weird? I know that it was the 145th day of school today though! My mind still thinks it's September... this year has gone WAY too fast!

What are you doing for Easter this weekend? 
I have a 4 day weekend! Tomorrow is my college friend lunch, and then on Sunday my family is coming over to our house for brunch. I am making a delicioso potato casserole thing.

What is your favorite song right now? 
Oh my. I am loving Love You Like a Love Song by Selena Gomez... International Love by Pitbull... and that's all I can remember. But you get the idea.

What is your favorite nail polish color? 
I never paint my nails! But I do my toes in the summer! I just use whatever I see in my house... I just used some Ulta color that was super pink. My first grade girls loved it!

What is your favorite font to use? 
I have a new favorite actually! It is CK Shannon. Here is a picture of it.
I really, really love it. And I really, really love Creating Keepsakes also. I bought a subscription to Creating Keepsakes for my aunt for Christmas, and they sent me like 20 free fonts as a thank you! I emailed them to see if I could use their fonts for freebies, and they wrote back quickly and said, "Absolutely!!!!!" I really appreciate when I email people about Terms of Use and they write back nicely instead of saying something like, "You should read the Terms of Use before you email us." I do read them! Sometimes I just want to double check to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong! Geez louise people.

Okay.... end rant! Thanks for reading!!! Happy (hopefully for you) long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...