Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday

Hi friends! It's Wednesday, and you know what that means...
I'm loving the bike ride that I took with my cousin, Lisa, over the weekend! We rode 20 MILES all the way from a nearby town to the border of Wisconsin. That is just craziness. We were pretty much exhausted and dying on the way back but we made it. :) Next time I know to bring double the amount of water and some snacks for the road! Here I am working on my fitness:
I'm loving that the disgusting milk-stained and wrinkly carpet has already been torn out of my classroom! That means we are for real getting new floors, yeah!
I'm loving that I acquired my very own wiggle seat for my classroom. Do you have any students who use one? One of my more active students was given a wiggle seat by the district OT, but it isn't made for first grade chairs and basically hangs off the edges of his little chair. My new wiggle seat is from a retiring teacher, it is smaller, and I can't wait to show my student when he comes back in August. :)
I'm loving that I'm already finished with my final project for my ESL class that ends tomorrow! I am a HUGE procrastinator, so this is a big deal for me. I'm going to share some of it with you all tomorrow - someone might be able to use what I put together!

I'm loving the weather today. It is really quite pleasant - 75 with a slight breeze. This weekend will be 90 degrees again, ay yi yi!

One last thought - please keep my dad in your thoughts and prayers today. My mom took him to the hospital earlier this afternoon because he had some blurred vision and lost his balance a bit and wasn't feeling too well. He had a slight stroke back around Christmas time so they just want to make sure everything is okay. So far I haven't heard anything since they left and I'm not super worried, but every little thought and prayer helps! :)

What are you loving today?

7 comments:

  1. Today, I'm loving being on break and being to relax with my little boy all day! We woke up early (I did not love this part), and decided to paint come canvases. They turned out so cute and he loved them! It's so nice to be able to live on my own time (or I should say live on my son's time) and not have any dead lines with work or grad school.

    I'll keep your dad in my thoughts. I hope he's okay!!

    [and good job on the bike ride! I think I would have died if I did that, especially today - it was in the upper 90s here in Florida!]

    Kate
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that I am sitting on our deck with the breeze feeling great. Kind of a lazy day today with no set schedule...gotta love those days!! I'll keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers~
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers for your dad!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a long long long bike ride. I am in awe.
    Praying for your dad--keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers for your dad. About that bike ride... you go girl!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am about a week late - but I'll be praying for your dad. Is he ok?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...