Saturday, July 21, 2012

Oh, Baby! {Round Two}

So I don't really talk about this on my little bloggio, but I knit! Not all the time, and I very rarely actually finish something that I start knitting (which is a theme of my life basically)..... but I do knit.

A while back, I posted about a baby hat I knitted for one of my second graders' families. Toward the end of the year, one of my first graders came to school and proclaimed that her mom was having a baby.

After confirming this news, I decided to work on a blanket for el bebé! I just finished yesterday evening.
The pattern is very simple but I think it turned out really pretty! It is the Big Bad Baby Blanket pattern found in this book:
I am excited to gift this to my little lady. :) She is one of my lower income students, and she and her sister are 5 and 7, so I don't know if her mom has kept all of their baby stuff  I hope this blanket will help them out at least a tiny bit. :)

I feel like I am going to make 894987545 more of these blankets because my facebook has exploded with expectant moms!!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and generous thing to do! Your blanket is beautiful and I love that you made it for a family at school. Speaks volumes of your character. I feel lucky to blog with you. :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so nice of you!! You have such a kind heart! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! (I love the name of the book...hehe) I've never knitted anything, but I do like to crochet...and I very rarely finish anything I start!

    Haley
    Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! That is beautiful! I am sure that they will love it!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...