Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Types of Motion

Yesterday we started a new science unit that I am REALLY pumped about - Forces and Motion!

Today we learned about motion. We made our books and desk contents move all over the place in all different types of ways. The engagement was through the roof!

As a culminating activity, we completed a picture sort. We sorted pictures into three different types of motion - straight, back and forth, and circular. They loved that big word - circular! :)



My students did a great job with this! I think it also really cemented the idea of motion into their little brains. :)

If you're teaching about Forces and Motion and would like to use this sort, feel free to download it (for free)  from my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

1 comment:

  1. BOO! Did I scare you? You've been BOO-ed! Come on over and join in the fun!

    Erin
    First with Franklin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...